Welcome to the Office of Performance and Accountability
Established in 2012, the Office of Performance and Accountability (OPA) leads the City Government's efforts to achieve results for the community through continuous learning and improvement within the City's Results Alexandria performance management system.
"Quality performance management and accountability are key components of our City's Guiding Principles. We want to use a data-driven process to operationally evaluate our work, analyze information that helps us deliver services more effectively, and look at outcomes as we make choices about how to allocate resources efficiently. Most importantly, we want to ensure that our taxpayers clearly understand how their investment in government services is delivering results for them. In order to achieve the goal of quality performance management, I established an Office of Performance Accountability (OPA). OPA is identifying and implementing tools that help the City approach performance management from an organizational perspective, while aligning our outcomes interdepartmentally with the Strategic Plan."
From City Manager Rashad Young
- City's Strategic Plan
- Set by the community and City Council to provide our vision.
- City Manager's performance Plan (2014 - 2016)
- Establishes the City Government's mission to achieve our vision.
- Meeting with the City Manager's Office to share how well our programs are performing, and propose strategic, data-informed solutions to overcome our challenges achieving our long term outcomes, goals, and strategies.
- Service Analysis
- Program evaluations that rigorously analyze an issue and presents recommendations to decisions makers to resolve service problems.
- Program Benchmarking
- Comparison and discussion of program performance information in the Mid-Atlantic region to learn and improve; led by the Mid-Atlantic StatNet which is co-managed by Alexandria.
One of OPA’s responsibilities is to conduct service analysis. Program analysis are program evaluations that rigorously analyze an issue and presents recommendations to decision makers to solve service problems.
AlexStat is a collaborative analysis process that aims to solve critical policy and management issues facing Alexandria. Each analysis culminates in a meeting with the City Manager and participating departments, where findings and recommendations are presented, discussed, and decided upon in order to improve the City's efficiency and effectiveness.