In September 2015, City Council revised PYMIG's responsibilities and composition to enable PYMIG to function as a forum for the public outreach process through station opening and allow the group to consider the variety of issues that will arise as the project moves into design and construction.
Staff from the Department of Transportation and Environmental Services and the Department of Project Implementation serve as primary liaisons to PYMIG with support from other departments and consultants when needed. The staff of the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) also assist. The Work Group meets regularly to discuss issues related to the Metrorail station. The public is invited to attend all meetings. For additional information, contact Lee Farmer at
email@example.com or call 703.746.4146.
Give us your feedback!
The latest meeting of the Potomac Yard Metrorail Implementation Work Group (PYMIG) was held on November 16. This meeting was the second in a series of public meetings seeking input on the conceptual design of the Metrorail station. The meeting included a group discussion and interactive exercise regarding potential station forms and concepts for Potomac Greens Park.
Please view the meeting
presentation and video for more information. You can take the online survey
here. The survey will be open until 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, November 29.
Upcoming Potomac Yard Metrorail Implementation Work Group Meetings
PYMIG will hold a series of meetings to seek public input on the Metrorail station design. The next meeting will be held on Monday, December 14 at 6:30 p.m. at Charles Houston Recreation Center (901 Wythe Street).
Functions of the Potomac Yard Metrorail Implementation Work Group
- Review and provide input on Environmental Impact Statement documents;
- Provide input on project design;
- Receive updates on funding issues related to the new Metrorail station; and
- Facilitate discussion of construction mitigation for community impacts during construction.
Potomac Yard Metrorail Implementation Work Group Members
- William Euille, City Council
- Justin Wilson, City Council
- Stephen Milone, Environmental Policy Commission
- Stephen Beggs, Park and Recreation Commission
- Stephen Koenig, Planning Commission
- Jerry King, Transportation Commission
- Kerry Donley, Community At-Large
- Ephorm Freeman III, Community At-Large
- David Dunn, Community - East of CSX
- Tanya Culbert, Community - West of CSX
- Matthew Ginivan, Business At-Large
Meetings & Materials for the Work Group
November 16, 2015
October 28, 2015
September 21, 2015
May 13, 2015
March 31, 2015
January 29, 2015
October 23, 2014
June 26, 2014
May 15, 2014
January 6, 2014
June 10, 2013
January 30, 2013
October 10, 2012
May 16, 2012
February 6, 2012
October 26, 2011
June 30, 2011