- NOTICE: When checking for daily inspection information, please check the Daily Inspection Viewer Website by 8:00 a.m. the day of the inspection as the information is updated up until this time.
- NEW! Code Connection Spring 2015 Newsletter
- NEW! The 2012 Virginia Uniform Statewide
Construction Code (USBC) is effective July 14, 2014. Additional information can be found at:
2012 Virginia Uniform Statewide Construction Code (VA USBC)
NEW! Standing Modification - Minimum Thickness of Galvanized Duct Walls for Single Family Dwellings
- NEW!Important Information on the 2012 VRC Girder and Header Span Tables
- NEW! Same Day Service Ends at 4:15pm. Please be sure to have all plans and applications submitted prior to 4:15pm Monday through Friday for same day services.
NEW! Scheduling and Obtaining Inspection Results
The Department of Code Administration offers an automated system known as "ACCESS". "ACCESS" allows permit holders to use a touch tone phone to schedule or cancel inspections, request inspection results, speak to a Permit Technician or other city agencies or listen to recorded customer service messages. "ACCESS" is available seven days a week, 24 hours a day. To use the system, call 703.746.4200 or 703.838.4900 (direct). Note - to use ACCESS, you will need a touch-tone phone. If ACCESS is unavailable, please call 703.746.4200 for assistance during business hours.
About the Department
Welcome to the Alexandria Department of Code Administration, where we work work in concert with other City agencies and our customers (residents, tenants, business owners, building owners, architects, engineers, builders, tradesmen, contractors, and developers) as part of the safe building team. Our objective is to assist customers with compliance related to Virginia’s Uniform Statewide Building and Maintenance Codes (USBC), and the City Code nuisance and development provisions. This is accomplished through permit processing, plan review; timely and consistent inspections, and education regarding the requirements of the referenced codes. The department contains the five divisions of Permit Center, Property Maintenance Inspections, New Construction Inspections, Plan Review Services, and Administrative Services. Learn about our our values, commitment and goals - ONE TEAM, ONE CITY - OUR CITY