Youth and Family Services
Youth and Family Services offers family counseling as well as separate programs for parents and for children to help them develop improved communication and problem solving skills. We also provide training and consultation to professionals who work with youth and families.
- Family therapy and parent counseling to help families develop better communication skills
- Individual therapy and play therapy to help children and youth with their problems and conflicts and to develop problem solving skills
- Group therapy to provide children an opportunity to discuss issues with their peers and to work together toward resolving problems
- Case management to assist parents in identifying and locating services their children may need, to advocate for the child to receive these services and to monitor the effectiveness of the services, including residential placements and psychiatric hospitalizations
- Observation and consultation at schools and day care centers to help teachers and parents more effectively respond to behavioral problems
- Psychiatric and psychological evaluations to diagnose youth who are experiencing serious mental health problems and to provide as well as monitor medication
- Home-based counseling to provide intensive, short-term crisis intervention and treatment services to families with children who are at risk of being placed outside the home
Call 703.746.3400 for more information.