The 1.5 hour party includes a costumed guide, a hands-on tour of the museum, a craft, games, and even a gift for the birthday child. For additional information on other Historic Alexandria birthday party opportunities, click here.
Tea Party-Enjoy a tea party and learn the customs of 18th century tea drinking as you share cookies and cake with your friends. Dolls and stuffed animals welcome! The museum will provide tea, cookies, and china for this party.
18th century Games--Introduce 18th century children's games to your family and friends. The birthday child may choose from a list of games, including group activities and old familiar favorites. These are games your child is sure to want to keep playing long after the party has ended!
$250 for 10 children, $15 per additional child
Limit of 20 children
Admission for adults is free. Please, no more than 2 adults per 5 children.*
*The museum guide will ensure the birthday party runs smoothly, but requests at least two adults be present to assist the children.
- Goody Bags: $3.50 each (include a pencil, postcard, sticker, and wooden fan).
- Half hour of additional time for parent-directed activities: $50
- Additional half hour for an 18th century English Country Dancing lesson, with a costumed Dancing Master: $75 (suggested for ages 7 and older)
What the Museum Will Provide
- A museum guide in 18th century costume
- Use of the ballroom for the party for 1.5 hours
- Tour of the museum
- Activities and supplies
- Tables and chairs
- Linens, plates, cups, utensils, and napkins
- Cake cutter and server
- Candle lighter
- Hurricane with candlestick centerpiece on each table
- Set-up and take-down
- Gift for the birthday child
- Use of the museum refrigerator and freezer if needed
What the Parents Provide (if so desired)
- Ice Cream
- Beverages (boxed or bottled only, please)
- Additional decorations
- The birthday family may arrive 15 minutes before the party to decorate
- Due to the historic nature of our buildings, decorations should be limited to table tops-nothing may be attached to the walls or ceiling
- Please no confetti, streamers, or feathers
- Helium balloons must be weighted
Reserve your date today!
Contact Gadsby's Tavern Museum's Curator of Education by phone at 703.746.4242 to schedule your party. Your party may start anytime between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. on weekdays or weekends. A $100 non-refundable deposit is required to secure the date for your party. Weekends, particularly between February and June, book fast, so call today!