Members of the Historical Restoration & Preservation Commison (AHRPC) include: five citizen members appointed by the City Council and two citizen members appointed by the Governor serving four-year terms. The Commission meets at the call of the Chairperson.
For further information about the responsibilities of this board or commission, or to apply to serve on this board or commission, contact Jackie Henderson in the City Clerk's Office at 703 746-4550.
Roster of AHRPC Commission members
- 7 Citizen members appointed by the City Council
- 2 Citizen members appointed by the Governor
Term of Service:
City Staff Contact:
Lance Mallamo, Office of Historic Alexandria, 703.746.4702
Duties and Powers:
The following is a brief description of the duties and powers of the Commission as excerpted from the enabling legislation:
- The purpose and function shall be to acquire facilities in the restorable area and provide restored facilities in accordance with the restoration period.
- To acquire in its own name by purchase, grant, devise, gift or lease, on such terms and conditions and in such manner as it may deem necessary or expedient, facilities, including real property or rights or easements therein or franchises necessary or convenient for its purposes and to use the restored facilities so long as its existence shall continue and to lease or make contacts with respect to the use or disposal of same, or any part thereof, in any manner deemed by the Commission to be in its best interest but only for the purposes for which it is created.
- The primary activity of the Commission is an active program to acquire
easements, (open space as well as easements to protect the fabric of historic structures). For more information on the easement program, or to determine if your property might be eligible, call Charles Trozzo, Commission Chairman, 202.662.3824 or J. Lance Mallamo, Director, Office of Historic Alexandria, 703.746.4554.
Properties with Easements:
list of properties with existing easements is posted by the Department of Planning and Zoning.