The room is elegantly appointed with wall-to-wall carpeting, rose-colored draperies and coordinating upholstered armchairs. Some other useful features are:
- recessed, controlled lighting
- a large movie screen and separate projection booth
- excellent acoustics
- a platform stage
- a concert grand piano
- a small kitchen adjoining, with refrigerators, sinks and work space for caterers
- special rate discounts
Functions can be held at The Lyceum either during the museum's open hours or after it has closed for the evening.
Exhibition galleries can be opened for viewing after hours and similar arrangements can be made with The Lyceum Museum Shop. For more information about private functions at The Lyceum, call the museum's Facilities Coordinator at 703.746.4994.
- Parties, Fund-raisers, Special events and Galas, $350 per hour
- Meetings, Concerts, Classes, Lectures, Seminars, Recitals, $100 per hour
- Use of our 7' 4" conservatory grand piano, $150
- Open our two permanent exhibit galleries after 5pm, $50
- Open our changing exhibit gallery after 5pm, $50
Weddings at The Lyceum
“I can confidently say that among the limited number of right choices I have made in my life, who I married and where I was married are comfortably among the short, short list.” (Ray H., married at The Lyceum in 2007)
Learn more about Weddings at The Lyceum.