City of Alexandria Schedule of Services for the Veterans Day Holiday, November 11, 2013
City of Alexandria government offices, libraries, and recreation centers are open on Veterans Day, which is observed on Monday, November 11. All Veterans Day-related updates and closures are listed below.
- Health Facilities: The Alexandria Health Department, 4480 King St., and the Flora Krause Casey Health Center, 1200 N. Howard St., will be closed on November 11. The Teen Wellness Center, 3330 King Street, will be open on November 11.
- Hotlines: All emergency hotlines operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including the child protective services hotline at 703.746.5800; the domestic violence hotline, 703.746.4911; the emergency services for mental health or substance abuse crisis hotline, 703.746.3401; and the sexual assault hotline, 703.683.7273.
- Libraries: All Alexandria Library branches will be open on a regular schedule on November 11.
- Parking: On November 11, the Alexandria Police Department will suspend enforcement of parking restrictions at metered spaces, HOV regulations, residential permit parking districts and other areas with signed parking time limits.
- Recreation Centers: All City recreation centers are open on a regular schedule on Monday, November 11. Please check alexandriava.gov/Recreation for specific information on operating hours. The Jerome “Buddie” Ford Nature Center is regularly closed on Mondays.
- Refuse Collection: Residential refuse and recycling will be collected on a regular weekday schedule on November 11.
- Schools: Alexandria City Public are closed on November 11.
- State Offices: The following Commonwealth of Virginia offices located in Alexandria will be closed on November 11: the Circuit, General District, and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Courts, and the DMV Office on 2681 Mill Rd.
- Transit: Alexandria Transit Company’s DASH bus service will operate on a regular weekday schedule on November 11.