Capital Bikeshare Expansion in Alexandria
For Immediate Release: August 25, 2014
The City of Alexandria added eight Capital Bikeshare stations in Del Ray and Carlyle, doubling the size of the Capital Bikeshare system in Alexandria. Alexandria joined the Bikeshare program in 2012 and now has a total of 16 stations throughout the City. It is now that much easier to explore our City and even the region. With Capital Bikeshare, you can choose from over 300 stations in the region, and return a bike to any station near your destination.
The new stations are located at:
- Eisenhower Avenue & Mill Race Lane
- Ballenger Avenue & Dulany Street
- Duke Street & John Carlyle Street
- Mount Vernon Avenue & East Nelson Avenue
- Mount Vernon Avenue & East Del Ray Avenue
- Mount Vernon Avenue & Kennedy Street
- Monroe Avenue & Leslie Avenue
- Potomac Greens Drive & Slater's Lane
To sign up for Capital Bikeshare or learn more about the program visit www.capitalbikeshare.com. For more information about Alexandria's transportation options visit www.alexandriava.gov/LocalMotion.
For media inquiries, contact Craig Fifer, Director of Communications and Public Information, at 703.746.3965 or firstname.lastname@example.org