City of Alexandria Announces Schedule of Services for the Labor Day Holiday, September 1
All City of Alexandria government offices will be closed on Monday, September 1, in observance of the Labor Day holiday.
- Health Facilities: The Alexandria Health Department, 4480 King St.; the Flora Krause Casey Health Center, 1200 N. Howard St.; and the Teen Wellness Center at T.C. Williams High School (3330 King St.) will be closed.
- Hotlines: All emergency hotlines operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including the child protective services hotline at 703.746.5800; the domestic violence hotline at 703.746.4911; the emergency services for mental health or substance abuse crisis hotline at 703.746.3401; and the sexual assault hotline at 703.683.7273.
- Libraries: All Alexandria Library branches will be closed from August 30 through September 1.
- Museums: On September 1, Gadsby’s Tavern Museum and the Stabler-Leadbeater Apothecary Museum will be open from 1 to 5 p.m., and the Lyceum will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. All other City of Alexandria museums will be closed.
- Parking: On September 1, the Alexandria Police Department will suspend enforcement of parking restrictions at metered spaces, as well as time restrictions in residential permit parking districts and other areas with signed parking time limits.
- Recreation Centers: On September 1, the Chinquapin Park Recreation Center will be open from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Charles Houston, Cora Kelly, and William Ramsay recreation centers will be open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. City Pools will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. All other recreation facilities will be closed.
- Refuse Collection: Residential trash and recycling will not be collected on September 1. Scheduled collections will be delayed by one day during the week of September 1. The Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics Collections Drop-Off Center will be open on August 30 and closed on September 1.
- State Offices: The Alexandria Courthouse at 510 King Street and the Department of Motor Vehicles Office at 2681 Mill Road will be closed on September 1.
- Transit: Alexandria Transit Company’s DASH bus service will operate on a Sunday schedule on September 1. The King Street Trolley will operate its regular daily schedule, every 15 minutes between the King Street Metrorail Station and the Potomac River waterfront: Sunday- Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 10:15 p.m., and Thursday-Saturday, 10 a.m. to midnight.