New Potomac Yard Metrorail Station
A new Metrorail station is being planned along the Yellow and Blue lines in the Potomac Yard area. The project is currently undergoing the environmental review process and location identification, with three locations under consideration, as well as a no-build alternative. A working group, the
Potomac Yard Metrorail Implementation Group (PYMIG), has been established to coordinate with City staff on the project. To learn more about the environmental review process, visit the webpage at
potomacyardmetro.com or view the
EIS Newsletter .
Potomac Yard Metrorail Implementation
Work Group (PYMIG) Meeting – Thursday, October 23
The public is invited to the Potomac Yard Metrorail Implementation Group
(PYMIG) meeting scheduled for Thursday, October 23 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in
Sister Cities Room 1101, City Hall, 301 King Street.
- Physical and Digital Models
- A physical model has been prepared showing the relationship of each alternative (plus the CSX Option) to its surroundings. The model is on view in the Planning & Zoning office on the second floor of City Hall, 301 King Street.
digital model has been prepared showing how each of the Build Alternatives as well as the B-CSX Option might look to drivers traveling on the George Washington Memorial Parkway (GWMP).
The Potomac Yard Metrorail Station EIS team wants to hear from you! If you have questions, suggestions, or comments - or if you would like to be added to the project e-mail list - please contact us at:
Overall Project Schedule
Potomac Yard Metrorail Implementation Work Group Members
- Mayor William Euille, City Council
- Justin Wilson, City Council
- Eric Wagner, Planning Commission
- Dr. Monica Starnes, Environmental Policy Commission
- Josh Sawislak, Transportation Commission
- Kerry Donley, At Large
- June 10, 2013
- April 19, 2012
- On September 21, 2013, City Council received a tour and comprehensive briefing on Potomac Yard issues. The tour and briefing were open to the public. Please see below for links to the information provided during the tour, as well as a video for the tour and briefing.
- The City of Alexandria’s Potomac Yard Metrorail Implementation Group (PYMIG) held a meeting on Monday, June 10, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., at City Hall (301 King St.) in the Council Workroom. The materials provided at the meeting was a presentation on the proposed
Potomac Yard Metrorail Station , the
environmental planning process , and the
station alternatives that are being proposed.
- City Council held a work session in November 2012 to discuss the progress of the Potomac Yard development
November 2012 City Council Work Session Presentation
- The Potomac Yard Metrorail Implementation Work Group (PYMIG) met on Monday, January 6, 2014. An overview on the proposed Metrorail Station at Potomac Yard and the environmental planning process was presented. Additionally, the meeting included updates on other development in Potomac Yard and the progress of the EIS. See meeting materials
City Council Work Session Presentation (December 10, 2013) discussed the progress of development, transportation projects, and open space projects in Potomac Yard.
For additional information, contact lee Farmer, Project Manager at
email@example.com or call 703.746.4146