Durant Arts Center
Dr. Oswald Durant Memorial Center
1605 Cameron St.
Alexandria, VA 22314
Director: Cheryl Anne Colton
The Dr. Oswald Durant Memorial Center is the Department’s multicultural center for the performing and visual arts. It offers programs in music, dance, theatre, and visual arts for people of all ages and cultural backgrounds. The Durant Center is located in the Upper King Street neighborhood of Old Town and provides spaces for rehearsals, performances, special events, meetings, and arts focused classes.
- One grand multipurpose room with stage
- Four multiple purpose rooms
- Monday - Friday: 5 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Monday - Friday before 5 p.m. and Saturday & Sunday: Available for pre-scheduled private use.
- Closed on City holidays
"Family Art Night," October 2, 2015
Are you looking for a memorable and inspiring evening with your family? Plan to attend the “Family Art Night” sponsored by the Office of the Arts on Friday, October 2, 6:00 pm 8:30 pm at the Durant Arts Center, 1605 Cameron Street, Alexandria, VA. A “meet and greet” begins at 6:00 pm. Pizza, soda and water will be on hand, complements of the Office of the Arts. Art activities begin at 6:30 pm. Advance per person reservations: $5 residents; $10 nonresidents. At door: $10 residents; $15 nonresidents. No experience is necessary. Children must be accompanied by one adult.
Reservation includes ONE art experience, art supplies, pizza and soda. You have three art experiences to choose from:
• Paint with Teresa Brunson - Ages 4 and up with Adult. Produce your very own masterpiece that you can hang in your home. Limit: 60 people (255201.01);
• Create Mosaics with Patrick Kirwin - Ages 6 and up with Adult. Design a mosaic trivet that you can give as a gift, or use in the kitchen. Limit: 20 people (255201.02); or
• Dance with Choreographers Collaboration Project - Ages 7 and up with Adult. Learn several dance steps, create your own family dance map, and share your dance in a performance at the conclusion of the evening. Be prepared to move in tennis shoes or bare feet. Limit: 20 people (255201.03)
To pay online: www.alexandriava.gov/webtrac
The “Family Art Night” is part of the “First Fridays” Series. The First Friday Series is an affordable opportunity to explore the arts in the City of Alexandria. The Series is a project of the Office of the Arts, a division of the Alexandria Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities.
To obtain further information, please contact Cheryl Anne Colton at 703.746.5565 or email: email@example.com, or visit the Office of the Arts web site at www.alexandriava.gov/arts.
Mark your calendars:
November 6 "Sadie Hawkins Dance"
December 4 "Season of Celebrations"
party featuring a hands-on art activity supervised by an art instructor. Every guest will take home a unique piece of
art they create themselves – a special one-of-a-kind party favor!! $325 for 12
children ages 6-12 years old (8-12 years old for mixed media). To book an Art Party call the Durant Arts Center.