Adult Sports & Activities
Each league has a posted deadline and maximum number of teams. League registration is closed on the posted deadline date, or if the maximum number of teams are reached prior to the posted deadline. Team fees are charged for each sport activity. In addition to the league fees, a nonresident fee of $25 will be charged to each nonresident player on the official team roster.
Teams will be accepted when the following information is received before the close of business on the deadline date: team roster information prepared on the roster form provided,an email address that can accept file attachments, two points of contact per team, payment submitted in full online, by check, or money order as a single payment and proof of residency. Note: Registration information may be submitted without player signatures, but a final roster with signatures must be submitted prior to the first scheduled game.
Leagues are formed by divisions, and are divided by skill level and the primary day of the week on which games are played. Although each division is scheduled to play on a specific weeknight, teams will be required to play on other nights for the scheduling of make-up games and play-offs. In the event the league, skill level, or night of week for which your team has registered is full or does not have enough registrations, recreation staff will contact the team manager. Team managers will be given the option to play in a different league, skill level or night of week.The Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities reserves the right to place teams in a skill level
based on past team performance. Teams will not be moved without first consulting the team manager.
Team managers or a team representative is required to attend the manager’s meeting indicated on front.Schedules will be distributed and rules and regulations will be discussed. Meeting information, including schedules, will not be sent via fax, email or by mail to teams who miss the manager’s meeting.Teams must furnish their own uniforms.
For information on adult sports leagues call 703.746.5402 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For around-the-clock information about game cancellations, call 703.746.5595 for women's/coed sports and 703.746.5596 for men's sports.
Athletic Field and Outdoor Court Request Form
All City of Alexandria Athletic Fields are by permit only and available for rental on a first come, first serve basis. You must complete the Field and Court Request Form and receive approval before a permit will be issued.
Athletic Fields and Outdoor Courts may be reserved, and appropriate fees will be charged. To make a request to reserve a field or outdoor court, complete an Athletic Field and Outdoor Court Request Form. To view the Fee Schedule, click here.
Athletic Facility Allocation Policy
Community Open Play
The City of Alexandria Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities is celebrating National Park and Recreation Month by offering free Community Open Play throughout the summer at Ben Brenman Park, Witter Recreational Park, Francis Hammond Middle School, Simpson Park and Four Mile Run Park. Beginning September 2 through November 26, families, friends and neighbors of all ages are encouraged to visit our fields to exercise, play soccer, lacrosse, touch football, rugby, frisbee and much more. The schedule for each location is listed below:
Ben Brenman Park Soccer Field, 4800 Brenman Park Dr. (September 2 - November 26 excluding City holidays)
Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Witter Recreational Fields, 2700 Witter Dr. (September 2 - November 26 excluding City holidays)
Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Simpson Soccer Fields, 426 East Monroe Ave. (September 6 through November 15)
Saturday from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Below are some guidelines to follow as you participate:
• For City residents only.
• Show courtesy to all other field users.
• No permits or registration will be required and use will be on a first come, first served basis.
• No uniformed teams or structured games will be allowed.
• Must provide your own equipment/balls.
• Tennis shoes or turf athletic shoes must be worn on the field.
• When more than two pick up teams are playing, a time limit will be enforced.
• No pets, smoking, alcohol, music will be allowed at the fields.
• All trash must be deposed of in the trash containers.
• Youth must be accompanied by a parent or an adult chaperone.
• Please follow all field and park regulations.
• HAVE FUN!!!!
We look forward to seeing you in our parks and our fields. If you have any questions, please call 703.746.5402 or email email@example.com.
Mid-Atlantic Recreation and Parks Sports Alliance (MARPSA)
The City of Alexandria along with a number of other local jurisdictions is a proud member of the MARPSA organization. The purpose of the MARPSA is to develop and communicate a consistent message that organizations and their players, coaches and spectators will be held accountable to a code of conduct that promotes sportsmanship and keeps recreational competitive and non-competitive sporting activities in proper prospective.
Adult league players and coaches are required to complete a Code of Conduct Form or the Team Roster/Sportsmanship Form (found in the team registration packet) before participating in the any adult sports program in Alexandria.
- Coed Flag Football, Coed Soccer, Coed Softball, Coed Volleyball, Late Night Basketball, Men's Soccer, Men's Softball, 3 Outs Softball
- Team Registration Period: July - August
- League Play: September - November
- Coed Basketball, Coed Dodgeball, Coed Volleyball, Men's Basketball
- Team Registration Period: October - December
- League Play: January - March
- Coed Flag Football, Coed Kickball, Coed Soccer, Coed Softball, Coed Volleyball, Coed Wiffle Ball, Late Night Basketball, Men's Soccer, Men's Softball, 3 Outs Softball
- Team Registration Period: February - March
- League Play: April - July
- Coed Basketball, Coed Wiffle Ball, Men's Basketball, Men's Soccer
- Team Registration Period: April - May
- League Play: June - August
League Schedules & Standings
- View league schedules and standings here.