For Immediate Release: December 5, 2013
“Rock Your Park” – Winter 2013-2014 Community Open Play on Synthetic Turf Fields
The City of Alexandria Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities is celebrating “Rock Your Park” by offering free Community Open Play this winter on synthetic turf fields at Ben Brenman Park and Witter Recreational Fields. Tuesdays and Thursdays through February 16, 2014, families, friends and neighbors of all ages are encouraged to be active by playing soccer, lacrosse, touch football, rugby, Frisbee and much more.
- Ben Brenman Park, 4800 Brenman Park Drive
- Witter Recreational Fields, 2700 Witter Drive
- Tuesdays & Thursdays, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturdays & Sundays, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
“Rock Your Park” Guidelines:
- Show courtesy to all other field users.
- No permits or registration will be required and use will be on a first come, first served basis.
- No uniformed teams or structured games allowed.
- Participants must provide their own equipment/balls.
- Tennis shoes or turf shoes only.
- When more than two pick up teams are playing, a 15 minute time limit will be enforced for each game. Winners of the game will be allowed to stay on the field for a maximum of three games in a row. Pick up teams must sign up with staff person.
- No pets, smoking, alcohol, or music allowed at the fields.
- Youth 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent or adult chaperone.
For additional information, contact Mac Slover at 703.746.5402 or email@example.com.
The City of Alexandria is committed to compliance with the City’s Human Rights Code and the Americans with Disabilities Act. To request a reasonable accommodation or to request materials in an alternative format, call Mac Slover with the Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities at 703.746.5407 (VA Relay 711) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.