For Immediate Release: May 22, 2014
City of Alexandria to Host Open Space Festival on Saturday, May 31 at Four
Mile Run Park
The public is invited to the Alexandria Open Space Festival on Saturday, May 31 at the Conservatory Center at Four Mile Run Park, 4109 Mount Vernon Ave. The City is hosting an afternoon of family activities and an opportunity for the public to learn about and share ideas on Open Space in Alexandria.
- 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.: Public Open House
- Learn about the success of the 2003 Open Space Master Plan, the Eco-City Plan
- Provide ideas and recommendations on the future of Open Space in Alexandria
- 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.: Four Mile Run Clean-up
- “Competition” co-sponsored by the Northern Virginia Conservation Trust (NVCT)
- 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.: Soccer Field Open Play
- 6 p.m.: Movie night
- Free viewing of the film “Green Fire” (Spanish subtitles) – sponsored by NVCT
For additional information, visit www.alexandriava.gov or contact Laura Durham, Open Space Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.746.5493.
Visitors are encouraged to walk or take DASH or Metro Buses For DASH schedule information, call 703.370.DASH or visit www.dashbus.com. For Metrobus schedule information, call 202.637.7000 or visit www.wmata.com. Bicyclists may visit www.alexandriava.gov/localmotion for the City’s Bikeways Map, which features the City's best on street and off-road bikeways, as well as locations of grouped bicycle parking.
The City of Alexandria is committed to compliance with the City’s Human Rights Code and the Americans with Disabilities Act. To request a reasonable accommodation or to request materials in an alternative format, call Laura Durham of the Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities at 703.746.5493 (Virginia Relay 711) or e-mail email@example.com.