Re: Ethanol Station

  • To: Michael Farri
  • Subject: Re: Ethanol Station
  • From: Robert Rodriguez/Alex
  • Date: 02 Jan 2008 10:58:07
  • Bcc:
  • Cc: Russell Middleton; Michael Cross; Russell Furr

Mike,
Sorry for the delay but I have been off on leave.  We have been trying to schedule a site visit in Baltimore with department representatives as you mentioned.  We have left several messages requesting a visit.  All have gone unreturned.  We made another contact today and have been advised that Norfolk Southern will get us in contact with the appropriate person to arrange a date to visit the Baltimore facility.  Russell Furr has been coordinating this effort.  You may contact him at xxx-xxx-xxxx ext. 128 if you have any specific questions.  My hope is we can get out there later this month.

Bob

Robert B. Rodriguez
Chief Fire Marshal
Alexandria Fire Department / Code Enforcement
301 King Street, Room 4200
Alexandria, Virginia 22314

Office  xxx-xxx-xxxx
Direct xxx-xxx-xxxx ext. 118
Fax     xxx-xxx-xxxx

Michael Farri/Alex

12/29/2007 09:12 AM

Robert Rodriguez/Alex
cc
Russell.Middleton/Alex Michael.Cross/Alex
Subject
Ethanol Station

Bob, as your aware the rail people are in the process of building an ethanol off loading station that is scheduled to open in April 08 (location Metro road).  After speaking with Chief Middleton, he advised that you may able to put us in contact with someone from the rail or the people installing the station. We (Suppression) would like to fast track this if possible as to our resource needs and how to go about pre-planing in the event an incident occurs. At this time Fairfax nor Faifax City have a plan that I was hoping we could use.

 If this is possible, what I envision is that a person from your office, Training Division, Captain from 208 and 202  meet either up in Baltimore at the ethanol station or have a rep from the Ethanol Station meet with us (F.M. Trn. 208 Capt. 202 Capt.) so we can get a clear picture as to what we are going to be dealing with.  I am sure that we (F.M. Haz-Mat Capt 208) then will be able to come up with a comprehensible plan that will work for us.

Thanks

Michael Farri
Battalion Chief
Alexandria Fire Department