Re: Phone message about Fire Marshal trips

  • To: Robert Rodriguez
  • Subject: Re: Phone message about Fire Marshal trips
  • From: George McAndrews/Alex
  • Date: 04 Mar 2008 13:14:21
  • Bcc:
  • Cc:

Bob --

I'm not sure that a meeting with me will help to bring you back up to speed.  I know nothing about the issues that appear to be swirling around Norfolk Southern.  I simply returned a call from Paul Williams, of Norfolk Southern, because he was having trouble getting in touch with Ignacio.  I know that there is some sort of zoning issue involving NS, but I know nothing about that.  If that issue affects the decision of whether to accept Mr. Williams' invitation, I can't help.

If you're not aware of any staff member attending the Pueblo, Colorado, HazMat seminar, then I must have misunderstood Mr. Williams.

I'm in the office all day today and tomorrow (Wed.)  I'll be out Thursday morning, but in all of Thursday afternoon.  You can either call me, or stop by when it's convenient for you.  It shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

George McAndrews
Office of the City Attorney
301 King Street
Suite 1300
xxx-xxx-xxxx (fax)

Robert Rodriguez/Alex

03/01/2008 10:57 AM

George McAndrews/Alex@Alex
Phone message about Fire Marshal trips

George,
I got your voice mail about the two Fire Marshal trips.  I need to chat with you about this.  I am unaware of any of my staff going on the first trip.  The second trip to Baltimore we never did at the direction of the City Manager's Office.  Obviously there have been recent developments in this Norfolk Southern issue and I need to be brought back up to speed.
I am still in California at my conference and I'll be back Tuesday.  I have some time between 10:30 and noon on Tuesday.  At the moment, Wednesday seems to be open and Thursday after 10am is open as well.

Let me know what works with your schedule.

Thanks,

Bob

Robert B. Rodriguez
Chief Fire Marshal
Alexandria Fire Department / Code Enforcement
301 King Street, Room 4200
Alexandria, Virginia 22314

Office  xxx-xxx-xxxx
Direct xxx-xxx-xxxx ext. 118