Re: Ethanol site

  • To: Christopher Leischner
  • Subject: Re: Ethanol site
  • From: Maurice Jones/Alex
  • Date: 05 Dec 2007 16:07:39
  • Bcc:
  • Cc: Duane Perry; Russell Furr

According to DFM Perry,

1. can we get the flow data for the new fire line that was installed?  Yes.  As soon as they finish the line I will do a test. That should be very soon.

2.  Is the foam storage trailer going to be temperature controlled to protect the foam from freezing?  Yes, it is heated.

3.  Would the railroad also supply foam pickup tubes (on site) for the pumpers, since our department doesn't have any?   DFM Perry contacted Capt. Adkins and requested information on equipment so that he could tell NS what to purchase. Capt. Adkins has a data sheet on the form. He is awaiting a response.

4.  Are there any drawings available of what the site will look like when completed?  Yes, AFM Furr has them and a complete file.

A. Maurice Jones, Jr.
Supervisory Fire Protection Engineer
Fire Protection Systems Unit
Code Enforcement Bureau
Alexandria Fire and EMS Department
301 King Street, Suite 4200
xxx-xxx-xxxx, ex 207

Christopher Leischner/Alex

12/05/2007 11:05 AM

Maurice Jones/Alex@Alex
Ethanol site

Maurice,

I have a few questions about the ethanol transfer operations which are planned for the rail yard:

1.  can we get the flow data for the new fire line that was installed?
2.  Is the foam storage trailer going to be temperature controlled to protect the foam from freezing?
3.  Would the railroad also supply foam pickup tubes (on site) for the pumpers, since our department doesn't have any?
4.  Are there any drawings available of what the site will look like when completed?

Chris