Fw: FW: NSC Meeting Update - Alexandria, VA

  • To: "Cameron Hall" <text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting>
  • Subject: Fw: FW: NSC Meeting Update - Alexandria, VA
  • From: Adam_Thiel/Alex%ALEX
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 09:00:59 -0400

  From: Tony Castrilli
  Sent: 05/21/2008 08:59 AM EDT
  To: "Chapman, Robin C." <xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx>
  Cc: Adam Thiel; Andrea Blackford; Jim Hartmann; Luis Santano; Mark Jinks; Michele Evans; Steve Mason
  Subject: RE: FW: NSC Meeting Update - Alexandria, VA

Robin,

Thanks, and we are standing by for a possible meeting with Summers Grove on Monday, June 2nd.

Tony

"Chapman, Robin C." <xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx>

05/21/2008 08:47 AM

text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting, text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting, text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting, text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting, text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting, text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting, text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting
Subject
RE: FW: NSC Meeting Update - Alexandria, VA

Tony --

Thanks for this list. I got a voice mail yesterday from John Pecic of the Summers Grove HOA asking for a meeting on June 2 at 7 p.m., and I'm checking with our folks to see if we can accommodate that. We'll keep you apprised as plans proceed.

Robin

text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting; text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting; text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting; text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting; text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting; text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting; text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting
Re: FW: NSC Meeting Update - Alexandria, VA

Robin,

As we discussed by phone this morning please keep the City updated regarding your meeting plans with the residents of Summers Grove. In an effort to pro-actively address area residents concerns below are additional community contacts.

CAMERON STATION CIVIC ASSOCIATION

Ms. Ingrid Sanden, President

5238 Bessley Place

xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx

CAMERON STATION COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION, INC.

Ms. Victoria Hebert, President

5019 Waple Lance

xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx

xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx

EISENHOWER AVENUE PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP

2121 Eisenhower Ave, #215

xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx

WEST END BUSINESS ASSOCIATION

Ms. Wendy Albert, President

3213 Duke Street, Box 128

xxx-xxx-xxxx

xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx

SUMMERS GROVE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Mr. John Pecic, President

c/o Armstrong Management Association

6074 Franconia Road

xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx

Thanks,

Tony

"Chapman, Robin C." <xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx>

"Webb, Mike" <xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx>, "McNeil, Doug" <xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx>, Lawson David <xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx>, "Jordan, A. Gayle" <xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx>, "Wingo, William B." <xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx>, "Brown, Frank S." <xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx>, "Terpay, Susan M." <xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx>, "Edwards, John, V" <xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx>
Subject
FW: NSC Meeting Update - Alexandria, VA

Tony --

We discussed the community meeting subject this morning, and here's our thinking on it: We certainly are willing to be responsive to community requests to provide additional information on the ethanol transload operation and the measures we and the city are taking to safeguard the community. We have heard from Summers Grove, and we will let them know of our willingness to come to one of their association meetings.  If other homeowners and/or civic associations or other such private citizens groups ask, we will be equally responsive, send someone from NS to one of their meetings, and talk about our operation and answer questions. This approach, which would provide for a greater exchange of information, views and concerns, would be preferable to a publicly announced open forum.  We have found that the open forum situation can easily turn into a free-for-all with a play towards the local news media without the opportunity to openly and candidly air concerns and have a fair and open exchange of useful information. The more intimate setting of a group of private citizens would be more conducive to a reasoned discussion and candid answers to pertinent questions.

Robin C. Chapman
Manager Public Relations

Norfolk Southern Corporation

xxx-xxx-xxxx