Re: Norfolk Southern Ethanol

  • To: Michele Evans
  • Subject: Re: Norfolk Southern Ethanol
  • From: Tony Castrilli/Alex
  • Date: 06 May 2008 09:04:20
  • Bcc:
  • Cc: text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting; text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting; Valerie Brown

Michele,

A few thoughts regarding your inquires....First I think the media interest in this type of story would be high due to the fact that this is the classic, not in my backyard  type of story. It was be easy for the media to find residents that would express concerns regarding the possible dangers. While the dangers are clearly very low the media always like to ask the questions, "what if, and how are they prepared?"

The good news is we are clearly going to get the message out to the residents before the community finds out through the media or other means. Also it looks like the fire chief is well prepared to handle possible media inquires.

One more idea at least to consider regarding coverage on challenging issues in general. We are in a position of strength if we control the story pitch to the media before they call us. The goal is to let the media know  we are not only aware of this issue, but we have already let the residents know, and the city has a plan to address the issue. As a result the media will go after the operators of the facility and use us for the facts and solutions.

Tony

Michele Evans/Alex

text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting, Ignacio Pessoa/Alex@Alex, text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting, xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx
cc
Valerie Brown/Alex, Tony Castrilli/Alex@Alex
Subject
Norfolk Southern Ethanol

Hi,
Here is the final draft of the memo with Ignacio's changes and several changes and additions that I have made today.   Would you  please take a look at this and get me your comments as soon as you can?   We are striving to get this out tomorrow.
thanks
Michele