Re: Toe vehicle

  • To: John North
  • Subject: Re: Toe vehicle
  • From: Joseph Saputo/Alex
  • Date: 12 May 2008 17:00:53
  • Bcc:
  • Cc:

Chief,

I've been conversing with Colonial Ford who has a State Contract for F450's w/service bodies.  I need to get an answer from their source who outfits the chassis w/the service bodies to see what additional cost there is for the covered/walk-in type service body. I should hopefully have an answer by Tuesday afternoon.

Joe Saputo, Maintenance Supervisor
Alexandria Fire Department
3552 Wheeler Avenue
Alexandria, Virginia 22304
Office Tel: 703/838-4640
Fax: 703/461-4789
Cell: 571/238-8772
e-mail: text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting

John North/Alex

05/12/2008 03:57 AM

Joseph Saputo/Alex@Alex
Toe vehicle

                                                Confidential

Joe,
The Chief, City Manager, myself and others had a conference call Friday late with Norfolk Southern on our request for equipment to meet the ethanol hazard they are bringing into the city. They have met most of our equipment needs and are close on the toe vehicle. They promised an answer by COB today, Monday 5/12. What the Chief wants is the F450 we spoke of but with a walk in utility body like a plumbers truck. This will allow the storage of absorbents and other support equipment. Can you workout some specks and cost on this type of unit and send them to me. The plane would be to give them this no later then Tuesday. I'm not sure if we will be purchasing the unit or they will and present it to us.
As you can see by the time of this email I have been up all night on an EOC call back. I plan to go home soon to get some sleep but will check for your response this afternoon before I speak again with NS. Call me if you have questions, sorry for the short notice, NS is concerned of the public perception and want to come to a total agreement fast, and we need to strike while the iron is hot.
Thanks
John

John W. North
Battalion Chief