Re: PRIORITY--Ethanol facility

  • To: Adam Thiel
  • Subject: Re: PRIORITY--Ethanol facility
  • From: Robert Rodriguez/Alex
  • Date: 27 May 2008 09:37:09
  • Bcc:
  • Cc: John Catlett; Russell Furr

Chief,

Just to clarify, our instruction was to conduct a survey and identify Fire Prevention issues.  As such we did not issue any Notices of Violation.  The facility does meet the current requirements of the IFC.  Staff requested the following additional items from NS:
  • Requested documentation on capacity of secondary containment area;
  • Requested grounding details for rail and tanker systems;
  • Requested cut sheets and listing information for fuel transfer pump.

Staff is scheduled to follow up with NS next week.

Bob

Robert B. Rodriguez
Chief Fire Marshal
Alexandria Fire Department / Code Enforcement
301 King Street, Room 4200
Alexandria, Virginia 22314

Office  xxx-xxx-xxxx
Direct xxx-xxx-xxxx ext. 118
Fax     xxx-xxx-xxxx

Adam Thiel/Alex

05/27/2008 09:25 AM

Robert Rodriguez/Alex@Alex
cc
John Catlett/Alex@Alex, Russell Furr/Alex@Alex
Subject
PRIORITY--Ethanol facility

Sirs:

Could you please provide (ASAP) an update on NSC's compliance with the FPC at the ethanol trans-loading facility?

My current understanding is that the facility, in its present configuration, complies with all applicable FPC provisions. If there are any outstanding compliance questions, we need to get them answered today so I can brief City Council tonight with the most updated information.

Adam K. Thiel
Phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx
Fax: xxx-xxx-xxxx
E-mail: text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting