Fw: Where We Are: NS Ethanol Equipment

  • To: Cameron Hall
  • Subject: Fw: Where We Are: NS Ethanol Equipment
  • From: James Lynch/Alex
  • Date: 27 May 2008 12:51:19
  • Bcc:
  • Cc:

----- Forwarded by James Lynch/Alex on 05/27/2008 12:51 PM -----
Ray Welch/Alex

James Lynch/Alex@Alex
cc
text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting, John North/Alex@Alex, Michael Jackson/Alex@Alex, Steve Gordon/Alex@Alex, Virginia Lester/Alex@Alex
Subject
Re: Where We Are: NS Ethanol EquipmentLink

The OCA has been set up.

Ray Welch
703 838-4750
703 836-0418 Fax

James Lynch/Alex

text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting, John North/Alex@Alex, George McAndrews/Alex@Alex, Ray Welch/Alex@Alex, Michael Jackson/Alex@Alex, Virginia Lester/Alex@Alex, Michele Evans/Alex@Alex, Steve Gordon/Alex@Alex
Where We Are: NS Ethanol Equipment

Good morning everyone.  After a meeting and multiple phone calls here's where we are and what we will be doing:
  • Fire will identify and provide specifications for equipment, identify contractors and vendors, and prepare orders for the equipment using City requisition documents.  Fire can reference and use any state or local government contractual agreement awarded to the preferred vendor, i.e., when ordering equipment, Fire will ask vendors if they have any on-going state or local government contracts for these same pieces of equipment to which the City can reference its order. Fire will forward all requisitions to Purchasing
  • Purchasing will actually procure the equipment using expedited processes by referencing emergency authorities to be granted by the City Manager's Office. Michael Jackson of Purchasing will handle all ethanol-related requisitions.
  • Accounting will set up a separate OCA for these requisitions and will invoice Norfolk Southern (NS) for the equipment, either on a invoice-by-invoice basis or as a lump sum. (I recommend billing NS on an invoice-by-invoice basis as there may be staggered receipt of equipment which would delay receipt of NS funds by the City even though costs would have been incurred).
  • Fire will draft an MOU, to be delivered to NS via e-mail, specifying the conditions under which an invoice (or invoices) will be submitted by the City to NS.  The MOU will be reviewed and approved by the City Attorney prior to transmittal to NS.  (Note: I discussed invoicing with Douglas McNeil of NS.  All invoices will be sent to his attention.  He had no preferences whether invoices would be sent to him on a case-by-case basis or as a lump sum.)
  • The only pending item is to determine the method in which the City will accept the equipment as a “gift” or “donation," e.g., (1): designate the equipment donation as a routine gift accepted by Council as part of the monthly financial report from Finance/OMB; or (2) designate the equipment donation as a “noteworthy gift,” present before the Council, and secure a motion to approve the City Manager’s recommendation to accept the gift. This decision is pending. Action is with the City Manager's Office.

That's it so far.  Has been a busy morning. Thanks to George, Ray, Michale, Virginia and Steve for their time, advice, and assistance.

Jim