Several Questions

  • To: John_North/Alex%Alex
  • Subject: Several Questions
  • From: Briant_Atkins/Alex%ALEX
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 15:50:17 -0400
1. What was the date on the tabletop? I understood the 14th and Monday. Monday is not the 14th (is the 12th) and we actually work on the 14th (Wendesday). I will still do it but would require a detail if it is Wed the 14th. I would also need the location and times again.

2. I sent you the stuff on the cooling vests. Is it okay to go ahead and get 6 or 8 of them. They will run about 350 a piece. I have the funds and our current ones do not work at all. I want to have something for when the summer gets here if we have to do level A Entries. These would even be able to be used for Level B or C Entries. They are also easy to maintain and I talked to a Capt from Phoenix AZ Hazmat who said they are great. Also DOD is using them (CSTs, not quite sure but also believe CBIRF is using)

3. Ethanol Training: Is VDEM (Glen) going to do the training as was discussed at some time between the 2 of you? (as he relayed to me when him and I discussed it). I do need top discuss this one. Maybe you, Chet and I need to sit down.

4. I have started spending the approximately 3000 out of that account. I should have about 3K spent down pretty easily. I am basically restocking on some sampling and analysis disposables and expiring items. SO its nothing really big other than replacement items.

5. Tech Class (June 16-27)  is okay thus far. I have turned in all the applications from us and ACFD. We will be running 26 students. Glen wants to run a Train the Trainer class for instructors on June 9th. The week before the class. Can we okay overtime for this. I recalled you saying you wanted to discuss something regarding instructors for the class.

Give me a call at 202 or I will call you first of the week. Some of these purchasing issues, i need to get out of the way before the 15th. I have been jammed with stuiff around here and need to get this done this upcoming week. Thanks and enjoy the weekend.

Briant K. Atkins, Fire Captain
City of Alexandria Va Fire Department
Hazardous Materials Response Team
213 East Windsor Avenue