Ethanol facility info

  • To: text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting
  • Subject: Ethanol facility info
  • From: "Chapman, Robin C." <xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 15:25:15 -0400

Tony --

Below is information we provided last week to Adam Thiel in response to the same questions that you asked this morning. The information noted as "current" reflects initial operations and could change, depending on the level of business. We currently have one train a day into and out of the facility. One tank car serves approximately four trucks, so the current level of 16 trucks a day translates to about 4 tank cars a day.

I don't have an answer to your question regarding the maximum traffic levels we would expect, because we can't predict future levels of business. I can say that the maximum number of cars that can be accomodated on the active transload track at one time is 20.

I hope this helps.

Robin C. Chapman
Manager Public Relations
Norfolk Southern Corporation
xxx-xxx-xxxx
xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx

1) What are the current/maximum hours of operation for transloading? (I.e., what hours/day and days/week will highway trucks/trailers be entering/leaving the facility.)

Dependent on the Level of Business in the Terminal at any given time:

Terminal:

Maximum Hours of Service:        24/7

Current Hours of Service:            7:00 am to 6:00 pm

Trucks:

Maximum Hours of Service:        24/7

Current Hours of Service:            6:00 am to 7:00 pm (some trucks arrive early to be first in line, leave after 6:00 pm if they arrived for loading later in the day.

2) What are the current/anticipated destinations for loaded highway trucks/trailers leaving the facility?

Dependent on the Level of Business in the Terminal at any given time.

Current Average business levels:             16 trucks a day, 5 days a week

DANA               Springfield, VA               Motiva   10-12 trucks a day

Fleet                 Fairfax, VA                    Motiva     4-6 trucks a day  (added May 1)

3) What hours/day and days/week will railcars be entering/leaving the facility?

Dependent on the Level of Business in the Terminal at any given time.

Range – any day of a 7 day week, or hour of the day based on volume, crew availability, and power

Current Switch Service:  5:00 pm to 5:00 am, 5 days a week