Re: Ethanol Transfer Station at the Piggy Back Railyard on Metro Road

Per our conversation last week, I sent Chief Middeleton an E-mail in regards to speaking with his counter parts in Fairfax as well as Fairfax City to see if we could get a copy of their ops plans dealing with the above subject.  Further more I suggested that we needed to bring our city gov. more in to the loop and explain to them of the possible problems that we could encounter if we had an incident at the above location.  In regards to needed resources, I suggested to Chief Middleton that we should first, try to be able to handle a situation at the above location by ourselves if possible before we call for mutual aide.  This would include asking (money for resources) for federal help, local gov. help, and possibly help from the rail people.  I also suggest that once he has made contact with our neighbors, and we start the ball rolling, we need to meet with Fairfax and Fairfax City's experts, which may intail overtime moneys.

This is just a quick memo that I sent to Middleton and just to inform you that I have started the ball rolling.  What I don't understand is how B/C Hoffmaster got Involved.

Michael Farri
Battalion Chief
Alexandria Fire Department
Work xxx-xxx-xxxx