City of Alexandria, VA
|Important Phone Numbers|
|Construction & Inspection||703.746.4035|
- Oversees City street, sewer, and sidewalk construction
- Issues permits for activities on the public-right-of-way including construction, and temporary emergency parking
- Soil Erosion Control Enforcement
|Engineering & Design||703.746.4045|
- Engineering & design advice and services for all City requirements
- Locations of rights-of-way, easements, and real estate agreements
- Street light outage/repair reporting in coordination with Dominion Virginia Power or you can use our on-line street light problem reporting system by clicking on this link.
|Office of Environmental Quality||703.746.4065|
- Investigates air pollution complaints, and noise pollution complaints including loudspeakers, air conditioners, engine noises
- Involved with water quality, watershed, and stormwater management programs and stormwater best management practice facility inspections.
- To request repairs for potholes, streets, bridges, sidewalks, curbs, gutters, storm and sanitary sewers, and fire hydrants. You can also use our on-line sidewalk problem reporting system by clicking on this link.
- Responsible for snow and ice removal
- To report downed trees and limbs you can call the City arborist at 703-838-4999 during normal business hours. After hours, please call the Alexandria Police Department's non-emergency number at 703-838-4444. You can also send an email to the arborist at this link.
|Solid Waste Division||703.746.4410|
- Street sweeping, litter collection, seasonal leaf pick-up program
- Residential refuse & recyclable materials (newspaper, glass, plastic, aluminum) You can also use our on-line problem reporting system to request a new recycling bin by clicking on this link.
- Collection of white goods (stoves, washers, dryers, refrigerators, etc.)
- Household hazardous waste materials disposal
- City bus stop, shelter & bench maintenance
- DASH Bus & public transportation information
- Car pool & ridematching information
- City DOT paratransit transportation program
- Install & maintain traffic signals, traffic signs, parking meters, pavement markings
- Conduct traffic surveys
- Coordinate traffic on City streets for parades & other special events
- Oversee the City vehicle impound lot
- In the event of an emergency involving a traffic signal or sign, please call 703.746.4747.