After lengthy delays as a result of changes to the Landmark Mall sites' ownership structure, changes in department store ownership and economics and the overall real estate market, The Howard Hughes Corporation, partial owner of the Landmark Mall site since 2010, recently indicated their readiness to move forward with redevelopment, which requires an update to the Landmark Mall framework plan and Landmark/Van Dorn Corridor Plan (2009). City Council has approved this effort as a priority in the FY 2019 Long-Range Planning Work Program. The Ad Hoc Eisenhower West/Landmark Van Dorn Implementation Advisory Group will serve as the community forum for the duration of the Landmark Mall re-planning process.
All community meeting information related to the Landmark Mall Re-Planning process will be posted on this page.
- Landmark Background Packet
- Landmark Summary Fact Sheet
- Introductory Video: What's Next For Landmark? (For subtitles and closed captioning, click the “settings” button in the lower right corner, then “subtitles/cc” and choose your language of choice).
Meetings & Events
- Wednesday, December 12, 2018 - Landmark Mall Re-Planning Process Open House
Brandywine Living, 450 S. Pickett Street
- Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - Landmark Mall Re-Planning Process Kick-Off Meeting
200 Cameron Station Boulevard, Great Room
2009 Landmark/Van Dorn Corridor Plan
On June 13, 2009, City Council unanimously adopted Ordinance 4598 incorporating the Landmark/Van Dorn Corridor Plan into the City's Master Plan as an amendment to the Landmark/Van Dorn Small Area Plan.
- 2009 Landmark/Van Dorn Corridor Plan
- Meeting and background information can be found on the 2009 Landmark/Van Dorn Corridor Plan Archives page.
The 2009 Landmark Van Dorn Corridor Plan and the 2015 Eisenhower West Small Area Plan both recommend establishment of an advisory group to provide guidance on implementation. Since the two plan areas overlap and share dependency on planned infrastructure, looking at the phasing and funding of both plans in concert will provide necessary coordination. This page provides information on these implementation efforts.
Contact Ashley Labadie, Urban Planner, Department of Planning and Zoning, 703.746.3801.