Amazon and Virginia Tech to Locate in National Landing
On November 13, 2018, Amazon announced the results from its year-long second headquarters (HQ2) search- the company will be locating the campus in Northern Virginia in a newly-branded site called National Landing. National Landing encompasses property in existing Pentagon City, Crystal City, and Potomac Yard. In conjunction with the HQ2 announcement, Virginia Tech released that it will be partnering with Alexandria and the Commonwealth to develop a revolutionary Innovation Campus in National Landing, within walking distance of the new Potomac Yard Metro Station.
Virtual Information Sessions
February 21, 2019 | Watch the Video
The City of Alexandria held a virtual information session to outline plans for the university’s Innovation Campus in Alexandria, and to answer related questions from the public. Panelists included Stephanie Landrum, President and CEO of the Alexandria Economic Development Partnership; Karl Moritz, the City’s Director of Planning and Zoning; and Brandy Salmon, Managing Director of the Virginia Tech Innovation Campus.
November 19, 2018 | Watch the video
The City of Alexandria held a virtual information session on Monday, November 19, to provide an overview and answer questions regarding the recent announcement that Amazon will locate a major corporate headquarters and Virginia Tech will build an Innovation Campus in National Landing, the area comprising Potomac Yard in Alexandria and Pentagon City and Crystal City in Arlington County. Panelists included City Manager Mark Jinks, Director of Transportation and Environmental Services Yon Lambert, Director of Planning and Zoning Karl Moritz, Director of Housing Helen McIlvaine, and Stephanie Landrum, President and CEO of the Alexandria Economic Development Partnership.
- Northern Virginia Is Keeping Amazon’s 25,000 Jobs, and Wants You to Know It
- Amazon Real Estate Head Holly Sullivan Has No Regrets About The HQ2 Search
- City of Alexandria prepares for Virginia Tech's Innovation Campus
- "Virginia Tech Innovation Campus is not Amazon University," Says Alexandria Panel
- Visit NOVA’s project pitch website to answer: Why NOVA?
- Get an in-depth look at the regional effort to attract HQ2 by reading the original partnership proposal
Project Location & Details
Virginia Tech Innovation Campus
- Learn about Virginia Tech’s vision to create a new center for tech excellence and talent development
- Visit Virginia Tech’s Innovation Campus homepage for detailed information
- Proposed transportation investments
- Alexandria and the region’s plans to invest in affordable housing
- State investments in K-12 Education
- Virginia’s plan to grow our tech-talent pipeline
- For general inquires please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For press inquiries contact Adrianne Griffith at 703.652.5349 or email@example.com