In September 2015, City Council revised PYMIG's responsibilities and composition to enable PYMIG to function as a forum for the public outreach process through station opening and allow the group to consider the variety of issues that will arise as the project moves into design and construction.
Staff from the Department of Transportation and Environmental Services and the Department of Project Implementation serve as primary liaisons to PYMIG with support from other departments and consultants when needed. The staff of the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) also assist. The Work Group meets regularly to discuss issues related to the Metrorail station. The public is invited to attend all meetings. For additional information, contact Mitchell Bernstein or call 703.746.4036.
PROJECT UPDATE: MEMORANDUM MAY 11, 2018
Updates on the contract schedule and risk issues related to adding a south entrance to the station specifications can be found here.
Metrorail Implementation Work Group (PYMIG) Meeting – Wednesday, May 9th
This meeting provided updates on the project design, specifically changes to the project scope.
PROJECT UPDATE: MEMORANDUM MAY 4, 2018
Potomac Yard Metrorail Station Update on Revised Project Scope can be found here.
POTOMAC YARD METRORAIL STATION PROJECT UPDATE
City of Alexandria and Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) staff wanted to provide stakeholders, and the overall Alexandria community an update on the Potomac Yard Metrorail Station project. This July 17, 2017 memo provides updates and information on the design build procurement status, financing, and schedule.
City Council to consider development and zoning approvals for the potomac Yard Metrorail Station
On June 16, City Council will consider several actions relating to the Potomac Yard Metrorail Station, Potomac Greens Park, and Potomac Yard Park. These include a Master Plan Amendment, Map Amendment (rezoning), and Development Special Use Permit with site plan and associated Special Use Permits to construct a Metrorail station and associated facilities in Potomac Yard. The staff report includes a description of the project with staff's recommendation for approval with conditions.
A special public hearing will be held on Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 7 p.m. in City Council Chambers, City Hall, 301 King Street.
Functions of PYMIG
- Review and provide input on Environmental Impact Statement documents;
- Provide input on project design;
- Receive updates on funding issues related to the new Metrorail station; and
- Facilitate discussion of construction mitigation for community impacts during construction.
- Justin Wilson, City Council
- Paul Smedberg, City Council
- Stephen Milone, Environmental Policy Commission
- Stephen Beggs, Park and Recreation Commission
- Stephen Koenig, Planning Commission
- Stephen Klejst, Transportation Commission
- Kerry Donley, Community At-Large
- Ephorm Freeman III, Community At-Large
- David Dunn, Community - East of CSX
- Tanya Culbert, Community - West of CSX
- Matthew Ginivan, Business At-Large
- Susan Richards, Potomac Yard Civic Association
- David Weitzel, Old Town Greens Townhomes / Condominiums
- Steve Crime, Potomac Greens Homeowners Association
May 09, 2018
May 17, 2016
April 25, 2016
March 17, 2016
February 11, 2016
December 14, 2015
November 16, 2015
October 28, 2015
September 21, 2015
May 13, 2015
March 31, 2015
January 29, 2015
October 23, 2014
June 26, 2014
May 15, 2014
January 6, 2014
June 10, 2013
January 30, 2013
October 10, 2012
May 16, 2012
February 6, 2012
October 26, 2011
June 30, 2011
- Potomac Yard Metro Station Infographic
- Docket Memo and Resolution
- Potomac Yard/Potomac Greens Small Area Plan
- North Potomac Yard Small Area Plan
- Scoping Main Report
- Scoping Report Appendix A through B
- Scoping Report Appendix C through F
- Scoping Report Appendix G Part 1
- Scoping Report Appendix G Part 2
- Scoping Report Appendix G Part 3
- Scoping Report Appendix H through I
- Potomac Yard Environmental Impact Statement