AlexEngage, the City's online civic engagement forum, to view current and closed engagement opportunities on city-wide topics.
- Arlandria Action Plan Implementation
- Beauregard Corridor Design Advisory Committee
- Braddock Plan Implementation
- Budget Development
- FY2017-2022 City Strategic Plan
- Eisenhower East Small Area Plan Update
- Eisenhower West / Landmark Van Dorn Implementation
- Neighborhood Park Improvement Plan
- North Potomac Yard Small Area Plan Update
- Old Town North Small Area Plan Update
- Patrick Henry Recreation Center Project
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Master Plan Update and Development of the Complete Streets Design Guidelines
- Pocket Park Plan
- Potomac Yard Metro Station
- Sanitary Sewer/CSO Plan
- Stormwater Management Plan
- Waterfront Plan Implementation
- Wayfinding Implementation
- West End Transitway Implementation
Active Development Projects
- Citywide Development Projects
Information about commercial and residential development projects in the city. For more information about any of these projects, please contact Planning and Zoning staff at 703.746.4666.
- Planning and Development Viewer
Find active planning efforts, development project case information, zoning, and Special Use Permit (SUP) documentation.
Ways to Get Involved or Find Info
- City Dockets and Webcasts
- Community Associations Map Viewer - Find the locations and other information for business, civic, community, neighborhood and homeowner associations, as well as condominiums and housing cooperatives.
- Development webpage
- Planning webpage
- Volunteering and Other Engagement Options
- Sign up for eNews to receive notifications of upcoming City community meetings and other news
- Interested in forming a neighborhood civic association? Civic associations are private organizations and are formed through operating documents and registration with the Commonwealth of Virginia State Corporation Commission. Private attorneys can assist with that filing.
- Glossary of Planning Terms
About What's Next Alexandria
Visit this page to learn more about the City’s 2012-2013 What’s Next Alexandria process, the initiative for improving and expanding civic engagement in Alexandria.
Questions or suggestions?
Contact Katherine Carraway, Department of Planning and Zoning, 703.746.3855.