Carlyle Design Review Board
Call for Volunteers for Board Vacancies (Architecture Professionals) – November 2022
Are you an architecture or urban design professional interested in maintaining the high-quality design of Alexandria’s built environment? Would you like to contribute to the review of exciting, large-scale projects such as Carlyle Crossing (Wegman’s) and the National Science Foundation building?
The City of Alexandria is seeking qualified professionals skilled in architecture or urban design to fill two vacancies on the Carlyle/Eisenhower East Design Review Board (“the DRB”). Each vacancy is for a one-year term, which may be extended. The purpose of the DRB is to provide architectural design review of development applications and related projects within the Carlyle / Eisenhower East area, in the vicinity of the Eisenhower Avenue Metro station.
To apply for one of the vacancies, please provide the following documents:
- A completed application form
- A curriculum vitae (C.V.)
- A biographical statement
Materials must be submitted via email to Carson.C. Lucarelli, staff liaison, no later than Thursday, December 1.
- Eisenhower East Small Area Plan
- Information on the formation of the Carlyle/Eisenhower East Design Review Board
- Carlyle Retail Study (2010)
- Carlyle Coordinated Sign Program (as amended by SUP2007-0107, September 2008)
- Ordinance 4442 Establishing the Eisenhower East Design Review Board (April 2006)
- Eisenhower East Design Guidelines Final (March 2006)
- Carlyle Streetscape Design Guidelines (May 1998)
Contact Carson C. Lucarelli, Urban Planner/Staff Liaison, 703.746.3844.