The Commission will review annually the City Manager's proposed information technology plan and make recommendations to and advise the City government in the formulation and implementation of information and telecommunications policy, and promote citizen participation in the formulation of such policy.
The Commission meets the second Monday of every other month, beginning in January. Approximately 2 hours per meeting are required of member.
Number of Members:
- 2 Members of City Council
- 1 Member representing the Alexandria City School Board
- 1 Member from and representing the Alexandria Chamber of Commerce
- 1 Member representing the Alexandria City Library Board
- 1 Member from and representing the Alexandria Budget and Fiscal Affairs Advisory Committee
- 1 Member representing an institution of higher education located in Northern Virginia
- 1 Student representing T.C. Williams High School, recommended by the faculty
- 7 Citizens-at-Large
Term of Service:
City Staff Contact:
Suellen Savukas, 703.746.3019
For further information about the responsibilities of this board or commission, or to apply to serve on this board or commission, contact Gloria Sitton in the City Clerk's Office at 703.746.4550.