The Emergency Medical Services Council will advise City Council with respect to the provision of training to emergency rescue technicians, the acquisition of therapeutic and record-keeping equipment, the provision of a medical communications network, applications to various grant sources, disaster planning, and such other matters as the City Council may refer to the Council. The Council meets quarterly at the call of the Chair.
Number of Members:
- 12 Members appointed by City Council:
- 1 Emergency Room Physician from Alexandria Hospital
- 1 Rep. of the Alex. Med. Soc. who has privileges at Alex. Hosp.
- 1 Representative of the Emergency Nurses Assn. from Alex. Hosp.
- 1 Representative of the hospital administration at Alex. Hosp.
- 1 Representative of the Federation of Civic Associations
- 1 Representative of the Alexandria Red Cross
- 4 Citizens
- 1 Representative of nursing homes located in the City Alexandria's Operational Medical Director
- Alexandria's Operational Medical Director
- 4 Ex Officio Members: The City Manager or designee; the Fire Chief; the Director of the Fire Dept. Emergency Medical Services Division; and one Emergency Rescue Technician selected from among the City's Emergency Rescue Technicians by his peers through a voting process established by the Fire Chief
Term of Service:
City Staff Contact:
Brian Hricik, Fire Dept., 703.746.5245
List of Members:
- Martin Brown
- Thomas Clark
- Debra Collins
- Charles Dawkins
- Hilary Gates
- Cyndi Lake
- Joseph Marfori
- Ellen McHugh
- Steven Schindel
- W. Scooter Slade, chair
- Converse West
- Bradley Zeigler
For further information about the responsibilities of this board or commission, or to apply to serve on this board or commission, contact Gloria Sitton in the City Clerk's Office at 703.746.4550.