The Environmental Policy Commission studies and makes recommendations on the environmental impact of various projects and program initiatives in the City of Alexandria. The Commission meets for a work session on the first Monday of the month at 7:30 p.m. and a regular meeting on the third Monday of each month at 7:30 p.m. Members are expected to do outreach activities to promote the Environmental Action Plan 2030. Approximately 15 hours per month are required of Commission members.
Number of Members:
- 1 Member with experience in federal or state environmental statutes, regulations and procedures (preferably an attorney)
- 1 Member from the field of urban planning
- 5 Members from the field of environmental sciences (e.g. environmental/sanitary engineering, ecology, geology, botany, hydrology, chemistry) or who have Alexandria waterfront expertise, provided that at least four members shall have scientific expertise
- 5 Citizen-at-large members
- 1 member from the Alexandria business community
Term of Service:
City Staff Contact:
Bill Skrabak, Environmental Quality Division, T&ES 703.746.4065
For further information about the responsibilities of this board or commission, or to apply to serve on this board or commission, contact Gloria Sitton in the City Clerk's Office at 703.746.4550.