The George Washington Birthday Celebration Committee is responsible for the planning and carrying out of the City's annual George Washington Birthday celebration. The Committee meets on the third Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. Approximately three to five hours per month are required of Committee members.
Number of Members:
- 1 Member nominated by the American Legion
- 1 Member nominated by the Veterans of Foreign Wars
- 1 Member nominated by any other Veterans Organization
- 1 Member nominated by the Masonic Fraternity
- 2 Representatives of the business community nominated by the Chamber of Commerce
- 1 Member nominated by the Alexandria Jaycees
- 1 Member nominated by the Federation of Civic Assns.
- 4 Citizen members
- 1 Member nominated by the Gadsby's Tavern Museum Society
- 1 Member nominated by the Friendship Veterans Fire Engine Assn.
- 1 Member nominated by the T.C. Williams High School Band Boosters
- The City Manager or designee
- The Director of Transportation Division of Dept. of T&ES
Term of Service:
City Staff Contact:
Cheryl Lawrence, Recreation Department, 703.746.5419
List of Members:
- Edgar Bates
- Claire Bennett
- Henry Dorton
- Kristen Eastlick
- Robert Garbacz
- Bud Jackson
- Noah Khan
- Severiano Ortiz
- Joseph Shumard, Chair
- Nicholas Soto
- Ellen Tabb
- Tyler Vanice
For further information about the responsibilities of this board or commission, or to apply to serve on this board or commission, contact Gloria Sitton in the City Clerk's Office at 703.746.4550.