The Public Health Advisory Commission provides information about and evaluation of health-related matters and investigates specific health problems. The Commission meets on the third Thursday of the month at 5:30 p.m. Approximately four hours per month are required of Commission members.
Number of Members:
- 3 Citizen Members who are health professionals
- 5 Citizen Members who are not health professionals
- 1 Physician practicing in the City
- 1 Dentist practicing in the City
- 1 Representative of the Alexandria Community Services Board
- 1 Representative from the Inova Alexandria Hospital
- 1 Representative from the Neighborhood Health Board of Directors
- 1 Representative from the City's Fire Department
- 1 Representative from the Alexandria City School Board
- 1 Representative from the Partnership for a Healthier Alexandria Steering Committee
Term of Service:
City Staff Contact:
Janine McCormick, Alexandria Health Dept., 703.746.4956
For further information about the responsibilities of this board or commission, or to apply to serve on this board or commission, contact Gloria Sitton in the City Clerk's Office at 703 746-4550.