- Court Advocate: Accompany crime victims and witnesses to court hearings.
- Outreach Worker: Conduct follow-up telephone calls to victims to assess their needs and make appropriate referrals.
- Community Relations: Provide information about the program, the court process and crime prevention to a variety of community groups.
- Older Adults and Crime: Assist in a multi disciplinary program focused on reducing crime and the fear of crime against senior citizens.
- Clerical : Assist in a variety of clerical tasks such as mailing initial contact letters to victims, filing, and typing reports.
- Special Projects: Provide assistance to the program on a variety of short term projects.
Volunteers will be provided with individual and group training.
A criminal background check will be completed on new volunteers. No one with a criminal conviction will be permitted to volunteer with the program.
For more information please contact the Victim Witness Assistance Program at 703-746-4100