There is an Integrated, Multimodal Transportation System that Efficiently and Effectively Gets People from Point "A" to Point "B."
- Council Members: Bill Euille & Paul Smedberg
- Lead Staff: Rich Baier
- November 9, 2009 - 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. City Hall, Council Chambers
- November 30, 2009 - 7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Charles Barrett Elementary School, Media Center/Multi-Purpose Room, 1115 Martha Custis Drive
- December 14, 2009 - 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Minnie Howard, Library Media Center, 3801 W. Braddock Road
Community input is important to the City’s current strategic plan review and will help shape implementation moving forward. Mayor William D. Euille and Councilman Paul Smedberg will lead the discussion on the transportation goal, which focuses on Alexandria as an integrated, multimodal transportation system that efficiently and effectively gets people from point “A” to point “B”.
Residents are encouraged to give feedback on transportation by submitting their comments online at alexandriava.gov/StrategicPlanning, by fax to 703.519.3356 or in writing to the Department of Transportation, Room 4100, City Hall, 301 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22314.
Comments should focus on the following questions:
- What two specific, measurable objectives should the City use to achieve its transportation goal?
- What two specific projects or programs should Alexandria undertake in the next 10 years to accomplish its objectives?
- What indicators will allow the City to measure progress toward its overall goal?
- What opportunities should the City seek to capitalize on in pursuit of its goal?
- What constraints should the City consider?
Transportation Planning Background Materials
- Transportation Master Plan
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Mobility Plan
- Planning & Zoning Plans, Projects & Initiatives
City Boards and Commissions
Regional Transportation Agencies & Options
Other Regional Transportation Plans