Where to Go for Help
- Citywide Gang Prevention & Intervention efforts, help, mentoring and volunteer opportunities: Call Joe Regotti at 703-746-4502, or 703-746-4144 or email email@example.com
- Alexandria Mentoring Partnership: 703-746-4455 or 703-746-4144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For referrals to the Intervention Prevention Education Outreach
Program, which help gang-involved or at-risk individuals or groups, contact
Joe Regotti at 703-746-4502 or email email@example.com.
- To find out about school programs and services, call the Alexandria City Public Schools Information (703-824-6600) or speak with school staff
- To report child abuse or neglect,
Child Protective Services (703-746-5800) or the Child Abuse Hotline (1-800-552-7096) or to find out information about family social services (child care, food stamps, housing), call: 703-746-4900
- To confidentially report any crime (non-emergency), domestic violence or other suspicious activities, call the Alexandria Police (703-838-4444).To report graffiti, call the Alexandria Police (703-838-4444) or submit a complaint online. In cases of Emergency, call 911.
- Protective orders in domestic assault matters and juvenile probation, contact the Alexandria Court Service Unit (703-746-4144).
- To get information on public
counseling, advocacy and support services:
Mental health and substance abuse services: 703-746-3400
Domestic violence hotline and shelter: 703-746-4911
Victim Witness Assistance Program: 703-746-4100
Sexual Assault Hotline: 703-683-7273
Teen Text Message Line: 703-717-TEEN (8336)
- For Emergency Mental Health Services call 703-746-3401
- For information on city services, including specific services for culturally and linguistically diverse residents, please call the Office of Communications and Public Information Division of Community Affairs (703-746-4800)
- To get information on recreation/art enrichment programs and parks throughout the City, call Alexandria Recreation and Parks (703-746-4343)
- Teen Information and Referral line provides information on City and Community youth programs and services at 703-746-0990.
- For Before and After school programs such as Head Start, call The Campagna Center at 703-549-0111
- For parenting programs, call SCAN at (703-820-9001)
- For new baby family support programs, call Healthy Families and Northern Virginia Family Services (703-370-3223)
- For information on teen pregnancy, call Teen Pregnancy - Health Department (703-746-4400) or the Alexandria Campaign on Adolescent Pregnancy (ACAP) (703-746-5030).
- To get information on job referrals and training, call visit the City of Alexandria’s Workforce Development Center website: https://alexandriava.gov/WorkforceDevelopment
- To get information on health services, call the Health Department (703-746-4400); Arlandria Clinic (703-535-5568); Casey Clinic (703-519-5979); or Teen Wellness Center (703-746-4776).
- For local resources available in the City, please click here. For resources available in the Northern Virginia area, please visit the Northern Virginia Regional Commission.
For more information on programs, services and resources, call Joe Regotti, Gang Prevention & Intervention Coordinator at 703-746-4502 or 746-4144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please note: phone numbers may change over time. Please call Mike Mackey (703-746-4496) if you need assistance.
Related Web Sites
- Workforce Development Center
- Department of Community and Human Services
- City Manager's Office
- Office of the Commonwealth's Attorney
- Office of Sheriff
- Alexandria Police Department
- Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities
- Alexandria City Public Schools
- Office of the Public Defender
- Alexandria Adult Probation and Parole
- Northern Virginia Juvenile Detention Home
- Alexandria Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court Service Unit