Below are statistics collected by the Alexandria Police Department related to fatal and non-fatal opioid overdoses and deaths in the City of Alexandria. Statistics for 2018 will be available later this year.
Alexandria Police Department Non-Fatal and Fatal Overdoses in 2017
Alexandria Police Department Monthly Overdose Totals in 2017
Statistics from Health Matters in Alexandria
A customized dashboard of seven opioid-related indicators from the Virginia Department of Health is now available on the Health Matters in Alexandria website. The seven indicators include:
- Death Rate due to Fentanyl and/or Heroin Overdose
- Death Rate due to Prescription Opioid Overdose
- Emergency Department Admission Rate due to Heroin
- Emergency Department Admission Rate due to Opioids
- Emergency Medical Service Narcan Administration Rate
- Hepatitis C Incidence Rate (18-30 years)
- HIV Diagnosis Rate
Health Matters in Alexandria is a web-based resource through which the Alexandria community can learn about community health and well-being within the City of Alexandria. The site, which is maintained by the Alexandria Health Department, provides a comprehensive snapshot of health in our city.