Adult Mental Health Outpatient Services
- Individual, group and family counseling
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication management
- Case management to help access and coordinate services
How to Request Mental Health Services or Substance Use Treatment Services
Services are available to residents of the City of Alexandria. Individuals seeking mental health or substance use disorder services will start by meeting with an Intake Clinician. Same Day Access is offered, which means it is not necessary to schedule an appointment for an intake.
Please call 703.746.3535 for more information.
Walk-in Hours for Clinical Intakes:
Walk-in intakes are available Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and on Tuesdays, additional afternoon hours for intakes are available from 2:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Please note that the above hours of operation are subject to change without notice and/or subject to clinician availability.
Alexandria Community Services Board
720 North St. Asaph Street Alexandria, VA 22314
703.746.3535 TTY: 703.746.3440 or Virginia Relay 711
The following documents are required at the time of intake:
- Proof of City of Alexandria residency
- Proof of income; services are based on a sliding fee scale
- Proof of household expenses
- Proof of insurance if applicable
- Proof of guardianship in cases where the designated primary client is not able to legally consent to treatment and a legal guardian has been appointed to make decisions on behalf of the client