Adult Mental Health Outpatient Services
- Individual, group and family counseling
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication management
- Case management to help access and coordinate services
How to Request Behavioral Health Treatment Services:
Services are available to residents of the City of Alexandria. Services are offered through Same Day Access. See below for details. Services are available via in-person or tele health.
Please call 703.746.3535 for more information and to be screened for eligibility. Staff can answer calls in English, Spanish, and other languages through interpretation services available by phone when needed.
Same Day Access Tele Health and Walk-in Hours for
Due to increased community virus transmission and staffing limitations, please call the Adult Intake Line at 703.746.3535 to see if you are able to be seen via telehealth services by phone or video before walk-in.
Same Day Access is now being offered via tele health and walk-in. Call 703.746.3535 or walk in during the following hours to begin the process:
- Tele health: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Tuesday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Walk-ins: Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Please note that the above hours of operation are subject to change without notice and/or subject to clinician availability.
For tele health intakes, please have a smartphone or computer that includes internet connection, video, and audio capabilities, and a private space to talk with a clinician.
Alexandria Community Services Board
720 North St. Asaph Street Alexandria, VA 22314
703.746.3535 TTY: 703.746.3440 or Virginia Relay 711
The following documents are required at the time of intake:
- Proof of City of Alexandria residency
- Proof of income; services are based on a sliding fee scale
- Proof of insurance if applicable
- Proof of guardianship in cases where the designated primary client is not able to legally consent to treatment and a legal guardian has been appointed to make decisions on behalf of the client