There are a variety of subsidized housing options for seniors and persons with disabilities in Alexandria. Eligibility is based on income and family size. Please be aware that properties may have long waiting lists or may not be currently accepting new applications.
Public Housing - ARHA owns and operates public housing in the City, including Ladrey Senior Community. Call 703.549.7115.
Housing Choice Vouchers - ARHA administers the City's HCV (Section 8) Program. Call 703.549.7115.
Affordable housing communities for seniors and/or persons with disabilities:
Claridge House 703.823.5444
Beasley Square 703.683.9077
Bellefonte Gardens 703.746.3400
Other housing resources:
City of Alexandria Assisted Housing List
Virginia Housing Development Authority Housing Search Tool
Retirement Living Sourcebook
- City of Alexandria Office of Housing
- Assisted Housing in the City of Alexandria
- City Housing Services and Programs
- Energy Efficiency Programs
- City Tax Relief and Tax Assistance Programs
- Utility, Heating and Cooling Assistance
- Rebuilding Together Alexandria
– a nonprofit working to preserve affordable homeownership and revitalize communities. Their network of more than 200 affiliates provides free rehabilitation and critical repairs to the homes of low-income Americans.