Subsidized Housing for seniors and persons with disabilities is available in Alexandria, but there may be long waiting lists, sometimes as long as 5 years. There are two primary subsidized housing programs – public housing and Section 8 vouchers. Eligibility is based on income and family size. The majority of these housing units are managed by the Alexandria Redevelopment and Housing Authority. You can contact them for more information at 703.549.7115 or visit their website .
There are other subsidized housing options available, and each complex is operated independently, so you will need to contact them directly.
- Annie B. Rose House 703.548.4946
- Claridge House 703.823.5444
- City of Alexandria Office of Housing
- Assisted Housing in the City of Alexandria
- City Housing Services and Programs
- Energy Efficiency Programs
- City Tax Relief and Tax Assistance Programs
- Utility, Heating and Cooling Assistance
- Rebuilding Together Alexandria
– a nonprofit working to preserve affordable homeownership and revitalize communities. Their network of more than 200 affiliates provides free rehabilitation and critical repairs to the homes of low-income Americans.
- Virginia Housing Development Authority, VHDA, Housing Search Tool