Alexandria CARES Will Help
Leaving a jail or prison can be as hard as living in one. Alexandria CARES is a program that helps get ex-offenders back on their feet because everyone deserves a second chance.
After enrolling, participants are eligible to receive:
- Emergency food and clothing
- Transportation assistance
- Help obtaining IDs
- Individual help finding employment and developing interview skills
- Education and training through the Workforce Development Center
- Work uniforms and tools
- A support network of counselors and peers
- Aid in restoration of voting rights
- Family reintegration support
- Assistance in obtaining faith-based support
- Access to behavioral health and substance abuse services
Each year, many individuals restart their lives with the help of Alexandria CARES. As public service agency, assistance for free. The only request of participants is their dedication to creating positive change in their lives.
If you or someone you know is in need of our assistance, contact us. Don’t let a life go wasted.
For more information, contact Alexandria CARES Site Director James “Beaver” Green at 703.746.5919 or James.Green@alexandriava.gov.