Keep it 360 Club at TC
Keep it 360 is our weekly after-school club at TC Williams. Keep it 360 provides a space to have open and honest conversations about issues that impact youth and an opportunity to plan campaigns and events that support ACAP and SAPCA initiatives. Keep it 360 meets every Wednesday from 3:30-4:30 in room C210 at TC.
For more information contact Rachel Philpott at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.746.3479
Middle School Keep it 360 Club
Keep it 360 is coming to ACPS middle schools! Stay tuned for details!
Titan Takeover is a quarterly event that includes dinner, games, a DJ, and photobooth. Come hang out with your friends for a night of fun and a chance to win prizes or gift cards!!
ACAP Peer Educators
Our Peer Educators are an instrumental part of ACAP and the Youth Development team. Peer Educators help create a continuum of support and programming for youth involved in ACAP programs. They teach other Alexandria youth on topics related to making healthy life choices and inform others about relevant community resources through creating social media content, facilitating presentations and workshop, and leading activities for the Keep It 360 Club meetings and other community groups.
If you’re interested in becoming a Peer Educator or inviting the Peer Educators to lead a workshop for you club or group, contact Rachel Philpott at email@example.com.
Personal Responsibility Education Program – see section below
Youth Leadership Conference
The Youth Leadership Conference (YLC) is held every summer and is a three-day event to build and enhance leadership skills among rising 9th-12thgraders. The conference connects young people to opportunities to become more civically engaged in the Alexandria community and is co-hosted with SAPCA.
Stay tuned for information about YLC 2020!!!
Social Media – Alexandria Teen Life
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter for current events, resources, and facts from ACAP, Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition of Alexandria, and Alexandria Sexual Assault Center.
- Teen Source - My Health, My Future, My Plan
- Scarleteen: Sex Education for the Real World
- Go Ask Alice!
- Advocates for Youth
- Sex, Etc.
- Wanna Know: Sexual Health and You
- Planned Parenthood - Info for Teens
Condoms & Birth Control
Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity
- Safe Space NOVA
- The Trevor Project - The leading national organization focused on crisis and suicide prevention efforts among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) youth
- Side by Side (formerly Richmond Organization for Sexual Minority Youth ROSMY)
- Sexual Minority Youth Assistance League (SMYAL), Washington, DC
- Coming Out in Middle School - NY Times Article
- Alexandria LGBTQ Task Force
Pregnant & Parenting Teens