Visit the complete ACAP website here.
Although Alexandria’s teen pregnancy rate has declined over the past 15 years, the rate remains among the highest in the area and state, and almost two times the state’s rate.
The Alexandria Campaign on Adolescent Pregnancy works collaboratively for and with youth to achieve lifetime success through active involvement and personal commitment. ACAP does this by:
- Creating and conducting public awareness campaigns encouraging parent-child communications, abstinence and safer sex messages
- Using innovative technology and creativity to reach out to and engage youth, including:
- Teen Text Message Line
- Get Real magazine and podcasts
- Partnering with City youth, parents, agencies, and community-based organizations to provide opportunities and comprehensive prevention services for adolescents and their families
- Providing resources, support and programs with and for adolescents, families, and residents of Alexandria
- Providing training and technical assistance on adolescent pregnancy and sexual health issues with and for youth, families, and professionals
Teen pregnancy prevention is a priority for the City of Alexandria. For more information about the Alexandria Campaign on Adolescent Pregnancy, visit www.KeepIt360.org. To learn more about the PREP Project, contact Lisette Torres, ACAP Coordinator, Lisette.email@example.com, 703.746.3130.