CSB Client Rights, Services and Dispute Resolution
Client Handbooks and Records
The following handouts are provided to all clients of Alexandria Community Services Board behavioral health programs at intake and are reviewed annually.
All clients of Alexandria Community Services Board (CSB) programs have the right to file a complaint and to seek a satisfactory resolution. Please see the department policy for details. The following actions will be taken when a client has a complaint or is not in agreement with a program decision.
1. Clients may express complaints in a variety of manners: gestures to indicate displeasure if they are unable to verbally communicate, verbally, in writing or by completing the dispute resolution form available in all lobbies and public areas of the CSB including in the Residential Program group homes.
2. The complaint can be made to any member of the CSB staff. In all cases the client and/or their designee will be offered the contact information for CSB human rights advocate.
3. The client will receive a response within 24 business hours of submitting the complaint. The individual making the complaint can have a family member, friend, or anyone of their choosing present during the resolution process and/or make a complaint on their behalf. If the client has an authorized representative (AR) or guardian, the staff person will inform and involve that individual in the resolution of the complaint. The client is encouraged to discuss their concerns and work with staff to attempt to resolve the problem as quickly as possible. Staff will institute a resolution within ten business days. The complaint and resolution will be documented in writing and provided to the client.
4. If after the program supervisor’s attempt to resolve the complaint, the client, guardian or AR is not satisfied with the resolution, the client will be informed of the appeal process and given the Center Director’s contact information and asked to appeal to the Center Director. The Center Director or their designee will investigate further and provide a written response to the client within five business days.
5. If the client is still not satisfied with the resolution, they have five working days to file a complaint with the CSB Executive Director. The Executive Director or their designee will investigate further if appropriate and provide a written response to the client within five business days.
6. If the client is still not satisfied with the resolution, they have five working days to file a complaint with the Department of Community and Human Services Department Director. The Department Director or their designee will investigate further if appropriate and provide a written response to the complainant within five business days. The decision of the Department Director is final.
Release of Information Forms
These forms, available in four languages, are for general authorization to use and exchange information. Also available are forms specific to the release of information from the Alexandria Sexual Assault Center and Domestic Violence Program.