Mental Health Awareness Week Highlighted with Presentation Series in October
For Immediate Release: October 1, 2015
Aimed at raising awareness about mental health, a series of free presentations entitled, “There is No Health without Mental Health,” will be offered in Alexandria from Oct. 5 – Oct. 26 addressing mental health issues.
The series, sponsored by the City of Alexandria’s Department of Community and Human Services, Alexandria Library, Friends of the Alexandria Mental Health Center, and Alexandria’s Mental Health Hope Campaign, and presented in honor of Alexandria’s Mental Health Awareness Week, teaches attendees about mental health first aid, caregiving, how to access care, becoming resilient and much more.
Upcoming event dates, times and locations:
- Mental Health First Aid Training: Oct. 5 and 7, 4–8 p.m., Beatley Library, 5005 Duke St.
- Finding Mental Health Coverage: Oct. 6, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. & Oct. 20, 2:30 – 4 p.m., Beatley Library, 5005 Duke St.
- Healthy Caregivers, Healthy Care: Oct. 7, 1 – 2:30 p.m., Beatley Library, 5005 Duke St.
- “Soldiers of Conscience” Documentary: Oct. 8, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m., Beatley Library, 5005 Duke Street
- What is Art Therapy?: Oct. 14, 6 – 8:30 p.m., Beatley Library, 5005 Duke Street
- Helping Parents Develop Resilience: Oct. 26, 6:30 p.m., Duncan Library, 2501 Commonwealth Blvd.
The City of Alexandria is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended. To request a reasonable accommodation, email Maurice Tomdio at firstname.lastname@example.org call 571.384.5244.