Alexandria elects its nine-member School Board in a non-partisan election held at the same time as the general election for Mayor and City Council. Three School Board members are elected from each of three voting districts, District A, District B and District C.
The next election for School Board will be on November 6, 2018. The candidate filing deadline for this election will be on June 12, 2018 at 7:00 p.m..
Qualifications to be a candidate are:
- Qualified to vote for and hold the office for which one offers.
- A resident of the Commonwealth for one year immediately preceding the election.
- A resident, by the time of filing, of the city in which one offers for election.
Candidates may access Candidate Information Bulletins from the State Department of Elections. These bulletins provide information on:
- Candidate filing forms and deadlines.
- Campaign finance reporting requirements.
- Civil penalties which may be assessed for violations of campaign finance reporting requirements.
The bulletins also include frequently asked questions about elections and candidates.
Questions may be directed to the State Department of Elections at 1-800-552-9745.